View Single Post

Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
There is a big difference between the Villages Transportation and the Village Airport Van. The Villages Transportation runs on a schedule, with pickup and drop off at both Sumter Landing and Brownwood. They arrange for taxi service (at extra cost) if you need it, so it becomes door-to-door. It's not the cheapest option. The last time I used the Village Airport Van, the trip to the airport was just fine, but on the return trip I was the ninth of ten passengers to be dropped off at my home. It took one hour and ten minutes to travel from the airport to the southern entrance to The Villages, then about ninety minutes later I was dropped off at my house. It seemed to take forever. I checked with them about ten months ago to see if they still operated that way, and they said yes. For that reason I don't use them. If you decide to use them, I suggest you talk to their office first to see how they are handling drop off.
We did use TV Transportation until they were delayed and we missed out flight. They were 45 minutes late. We kept calling them and the reply was "just about there." If they would have told us the truth, we would have driven down and made our flight.

Luckily we do live in in the southern part of TV. The Village Airport Van picks us up at our door and we are flying down the hiway in minutes.