View Single Post

Old 10-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnc View Post
When a person says they can't adopt a new dog/cat because he/she might never live up to the memory of a former pet it upsets me.
We should all realize that each pet is different from another and to compare one against another is unrealistic. If you have a place in your family for a rescue dog/cat just go ahead and adopt. Each one will be special in his/her own way. Many of these rescue animals are in a desperate situation and need our help.
I understand your post and it doesn't upset me at all.

Other the other hand I understand and agree with the other post where ABBIE gave their opinion on the timing of taking another pet and you publically rubbed the person nose in their post. What a shame it is that a person feels that they should do a psychoanalytical head job on another on an issue that is personal and sensitive. Some people don't recover from the loss of a pet as fast as other and I Googled it, there is no gauge on the proper amount of time.

I hope every rescue animal wakes up tomorrow with a new beautiful home but I'm with that lady ABBIE, she is thoroughly correct and I feel the exact same way as her.