View Single Post

Old 10-20-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I live here full time. Last Wednesday, I got an email saying I should have already received my new card but...nope...not yet.
If you checked the status of your card mailing, you must have a MyMedicare.gov account. Go into your account and at the top of the page you will see some blue menu picks - click on the "My Account" button and you will see the current address they have for you. That address comes from the Social Security people.

I had the same situation just his past week and found out Medicare (and Social Security) had my address wrong. Not sure how that happened, and it was real close to being correct (the one they had doesn't exist anywhere in the world), but with a wrong address, it never was received. So-o-o-o, anyway per direction from Medicare Help, I called the Soc Security office help line 1-800-772-1213 and they were able to correct my address. The Social Security line is EXTREMELY busy - I had a 35 minute wait - so be ready with something to read while you wait. They were great once we got connected.

Good luck!

Oh BTW, if you have a MySocialSecurity account, you might be able to check it there also. Be advised your password for the SocSec account is only good for 6 months. So if you haven't accessed it in the past 6 months, your p/w won't be any good. I locked myself out trying to get in 3 times unsuccessfully. Grrrrrr! The directions from that same Social Security person that got my address changed is to go to the MySocialSecurity log-in page, enter your UserName, tab to p/w but DO NOT enter the password - instead click the "I forgot my password" which will take you through a procedure to get a new password. It isn't real quick and easy but at least it works to get that account opened back up.

Again: Good luck!

Last edited by Sparty6971; 10-20-2018 at 08:37 PM. Reason: More info about SocSec