View Single Post

Old 10-24-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I am in The Villages Hometown Band. Our concert is February 26th and you are more than welcome to sit in with us for our rehearsals especially in January and the first part of February. The week before our concert probably wouldn't be good as we would really be concentrating on the upcoming concert. We rehearse on Tuesdays from 4 to 6 at the Mulberry Rec Center. What do you play?
Thanks for responding. I play trumpet. I will be in the Villages for January and February this year. I play in two bands in NYS and would like to play when I am in FL. We own a home that we had hoped to live in for at least half the year when suddenly I became a caregiver for my father. My husband and I were great friends with Jack Bullock who use to direct The Villages Band. At that time only full time residents were able to be part of the band. I don't want to step on anyone's toes and sure don't want to come in and take over! I am just as happy playing 3rd as 1st or 2nd so no ego problems. Please let me know who to contact so that my arrival is not a surprise! Thanks again for responding! Becky