View Single Post

Old 10-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
The Manager of Red Sauce has an interesting take on the "regulars" that keep his Father's business going. I've been privy to conversations where he has limited one regular customer to 6 beers at Red Sauce and then must leave. That regular customer is then "allowed" to come back 1/2 hour later and have another drink or two. This is the only person I know currently who has a "6 drink" cut-off. Mind you, this person does not appear drunk, argumentative and as far as I know has never had a problem paying his bill. Another conversation revolved around two other regulars who have also been patrons for years, however, per Management, they don't drink enough and are taking up space. The Manager wants them gone from his establishement but doesn't know how to get rid of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the regulars at Red Sauce not only help this bar/restaurant through the slow season but (aside from the majority of their wonderful staff) are the true draw to their establishment.

There must be something that can be done about this. No one can be denied service. Especially where there isn't any explanation as to why one person is singled out. Does anyone know where I can go for answers?

Thank you,
Ok, just in case you are serious, I'll try for a serious answer but keep in mind it is mere speculation, food for thought if you will.

We had a friend years ago who was a quiet and polite social drinker. But at some point she would go over the edge and become like Jekyll and Hyde. Having seen her misbehave on several occasions, we realized that she could go from sober to intoxicated very quickly. Just maybe the manager has seen this customer do the same?

I believe anyone can refuse service to a customer for any reason that is not legally protected such as race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and more recently sexual orientation.

I think with alcohol, the courts would be far more liberal in the case of an establishment refusing to serve additional drinks -- I know my defense would be that I have repeatedly observed his behavior become impaired after 6 drinks -- thus the cut-off.

Regardless it sounds like you simply think the manager is being unfair in his dealings with the customers and you would like to see it righted. I doubt you will find an answer/solution to satisfy this.