View Single Post

Old 10-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I just don't see that happening here. If someone screened potential restaurants and approved only "great" restaurants probably 80% (and I'm being generous) of the existing restaurants wouldn't exist in The Villages. Yet these restaurants thrive. In high season you can't get into to any of the country clubs. All the restaurants on the squares are packed. So it really comes down to "supply and demand." If restaurants are busy and owners are making money, why is there any incentive to do anything different? Most Villagers want to go out to dinner and they don't want to spend a lot of money. So you're not going to get "great" restaurants when the market is satisfied with mediocre. That's just the way it is....
And yet, in a community where the internal eating establishments are part of the "marketing", I can't imagine that the Developer would simply lease space to anyone without vetting their background in the business they propose to start. Never said everything needed to be "high end", just deliver good food at a good price with good service. Is that too hard?