View Single Post

Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 PM

I was glad to see this thread on the forums..Right now We leave our dog outside when ever we’ll be gone for more than a few hours..behind a Vinyl fence...and we would plan to have a doggy door and electric fence at the Villages when we move there..so she can go in & out when she has to “go”....what’s the point of having an electric fence if you have to be out there with them? If that’s the case I wouldn’t bother with the electric fence as our dog doesn’t run off when we’re with her...but her bladder isn’t good for more than 2-3 hours!

I have been looking into an electric fence when we move to TV..I would expect it to replace the vinyl/wood fence we have now...Our large dog almost always stays out during the day when we’re gone for more than a few hours.....i think in The Florida humidity we’d have a doggy door so she can go out and”go” and electric fence to confine where she goes. An electric fence wouldn’t make sense to me if we have to stand out side and watch her and race Home every few hours to let her out.

Last edited by Moderator; 10-30-2018 at 07:13 AM.