Thread: Is change good?
View Single Post

Old 10-30-2018, 03:53 PM

Well, a big event has happened for you! I think it is very wise for you to weigh all the issues in such a decision. I'm guessing there are serious doubts as well as positives in this. Personally, to me it seems like you have known this person less than a year and it might be wise to go on as is for a while - as we know, our true selves show up later in relationships. Waiting could also make the issues more clear. I know I am much more into my own freedom of choices later in life than before. I didn't particularly like being married (maybe the wrong man?) but I do love being independent and doing what I want. I am in a relationship again with the man whose house I live in. We have always been connected and came together s a couple after I left TV last year. WE both like being independent and are not interested in the trappings of marriage, especially legally and with family (he has 4 kids, pre-nup and all that)
We are fine with co-habitation and civil union so that serves us well.
However many responses you get, your very own heart will be pulled to do this or not. Which would you regret more, doing it or not doing it? It is a difficult fork in the road...best of luck and I hope to hear how it all turns out and to see you again soon.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.