View Single Post

Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
just responding to the second army retiree who says he does not attend single events...hope you will reconsider meeting some of us. we are harmless. most of us do not want to get married, either, but nice to have an occasional dance partner or a group of friends to go out with...our friend tkret was so impressed he bought a home on the spot this weekend! just ask him!

to all the wannabe's, keep the faith and sooner or later your home will sell...probably worth reducing the price to get on with your life here in paradise...i am just arrived in august and am very happy here already!

Chachacha, I couldn't have said it better if I tried. It IS nice to have a dance partner, someone to enjoy a lunch or dinner with, take in a movie, bowl a game, etc. Doing these things with another is NOT a recipe for a walk down the aisle, but is a great way to spend an afternoon or evening with a very good friend. Our lives are enriched when we spend time with a friend and in my humble opinion it is enriched even more when it's with someone of the opposite sex because we can learn things we would have never thought of before.