View Single Post

Old 11-09-2018, 08:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
If you feel that you have to be able to go to any provider you want Advantage is probably not for you. Providers enter and leave the network throughout the year.

This year the Villages Health Plan doesn't include Shands. Note that just because a hospital isn't in network doesn't mean you can't go to it but it would require a special exception and it might not be given.

Also an Advantage plan has to cover all conditions/treatments that regular Medicare does so if you require a treatment that none of the in-network provider can do you can go out of network.

Advantage plans cover emergencies anywhere in the US. Note that neither Advantage nor regular Medicare cover any medical costs outside the US.

I don't think this is correct. A few years ago I had Aetna medicare advantage, slipped and fell in Mexico and cracked 2 ribs, collapsed a lung. Went to ER at local Mexican hospital where they treated me for 3 days. I had to pay the bill with credit card when checking out, but Aetna reimbursed me with a check for 95% of the bill (over $6000) once I mailed them documentation.

UHC medicare advantage works the same way. Make Sure You're Covered While Traveling | UnitedHealthcare

Last edited by GoodLife; 11-09-2018 at 08:46 AM.