» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 05:26 PM
rjm1cc's Avatar
rjm1cc rjm1cc is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,705

Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It is not taxed as wages (earned income) as there are no deductions for social security. It is simply taxed as income.
You are correct that their are not payroll taxes. But on the wage line for the 1040 you put the gross wages and the software will correctly compute the income tax. If you owe SS you would use form SE. My suggestion was just a quick easy way to get the answer he was looking for and not how to file an actual tax return.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.