View Single Post

Old 11-16-2018, 07:15 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Not quite sure of the TOTV definition of Sticky but I have made some assumptions. The other day, an advertiser posted a Sticky thread. (It is irrelevant to this story that this particular advertiser has been a member for 10 years and, generally, seems to be held in very high regard.)

A member replied to this sticky with a glowing review of a competing company. (It may or may not be relevant that this was posters 2nd post, and when I looked at their 1st post it was also about the competing company). Ok, probably a shill but that’s not the point I’m trying to make.

My point is doesn’t it seem unfair to respond to a company’s advertising with praise for another company? I wouldn’t mind if someone posted criticism of the advertiser – but to praise a competitor? I think it incumbent upon poster to start a new thread and not hijack the advertising company’s post.

Maybe it’s just me but I was really offended at what we, in Brooklyn, used to say “that’s just playing poor pool”. Tacky also come to mind.

Am I overreacting?
Absolutely agree