View Single Post

Old 11-16-2018, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I have not experienced the problem you describe with any doctors I use. Never had to wait anywhere close to an hour.
I don't know that this problem is unique to The Villages. I experienced up north as well.

I had an orthopedic surgeon that was always an hour behind so when I made my next appointment I asked to be the first one in the morning. When i arrived for that appointment, I was told that he was an hour behind. I asked how that could be and was told that he was tied up. I happened to look over the counter at the appointment book to see that they had booked three patients in every 15 minute slot. I told them to cancel my appointment and that I wouldn't be back. They told me that I would be charged for the appointment as a no show and my insurance wouldn't cover it. I told them that I showed and the doctor didn't and walked out.

I never heard from them or my insurance company.

One of the problems is that many of these practices are not owned by doctors. They are by investors that only care about the bottom line. They force doctors to do things like this.

As you state, it's understandable that they can't run perfectly on time, but to be overbooking like that is inexcusable.

I've been happy with Premier Medical. The waits have been tolerable and I like my doctor there.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.