View Single Post

Old 11-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,593 Times in 5,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
my 2003 cinder block CYV is the same. Had the same problem when I when on vacation and turned the valve off when I turned it back on it leaked. Disregard the rest got posts mixed up, sorry. “ It’s outside just before the water line enters the garage and after the main meter valve. There are NO water inlet pipe visible in side my house other than sticking out of the wall. There are two ( hot and cold) shut off valves at water heater for replacement of the water heater.”
If the cold water pipe to the water heater comes through the wall near the top of the water heater and the hot water pipe exits the water heater at the top, then I would say that the valve is not a main water shut off valve to the house. If that is the situation, then you probably don't have a shut off valve inside the house. But, if the pipe comes in near the floor and there is a "tee" connection before the pipe enters the water heater, then the valve closest to the floor is probably a main shut off valve for the house. I hope that makes sense.