View Single Post

Old 11-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
When traveling, rather than unplugging the pump, we just turn the dial to OFF. That way, the clock is the correct time when we return home from traveling. No need to reset the clock.
CB,

Guess that means that I'm OFFICIALLY old-fashioned, and turned into my father...

I have a checklist in the laundry room for things to do to the house when gone for a few days or more, including unplugging the clothes washer, turning off the water valves to it, unplugging toaster oven, turning off HW heater circuit breaker, and unplugging the HW recirc pump - plus about 8 other tasks.

BTW re the required outlet near the WH to install the recirc pump - I installed an outlet for our pump and just did a neighbors. Less than $20 of materials, and easy to pick off the AC from the attic pull light source - takes less than an hour (in Designer house anyway) - the plumber will not do that elec job; needs to be done B4 pump install.