View Single Post

Old 11-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts
Default Chinese Take Out (again)

Admittedly, I probably eat Chinese take-out only about twice a month, but I do enjoy good take-out when I can find it. My definition of "good" has nothing to do with "authentic." It has to do with what I was used to eating in my youth from NYC-area take-out places. So far, I have found a few places that I'd rate as acceptable to good. I eat Koyame, Bamboo Bistro, Shanghai up in Mulberry Plaza and China Wok in Traverse Plaza. I also eat China Gourmet III in Colony Plaza, in a pinch.

I remember someone here on TOTV mentioning China Gourmet VI in Lake Deaton Plaza, next to Rohan Rec Center. They said it was really good.

Recently, I stopped at China Gourmet VI on the way home from Leesburg and picked up some take-out. It was good. I usually don't recommend someplace with only one visit, but it was good.

I ordered egg rolls, wonton soup, chicken with cashews, pork lo mein and pork Hunan. All the ingredients were fresh. The food was very tasty. Good egg rolls. The people were very friendly. And... this is big... I asked for extra-spicy on the pork Hunan. I asked the young lady at the counter to ask the chef to "please try to hurt me." This is the first time in my 6 years here that I got some heat in my take-out. I love it.

I know that Lake Deaton Plaza is about 18 minutes from where I live, but I am willing to make the trek. I think China Gourmet VI at Lake Deaton Plaza is my new favorite.