View Single Post

Old 11-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
The dog parks are not safe for those who just want to go and let their dogs run around and not bother other dogs. The previous posts on this thread outline all the issues....the newest one here in Fenney is already a dump...holes dug everywhere, poop not picked up, people letting their aggressive dogs run loose with no control. We were excited about it, but no more. Very sad. Would love to see people step up and do the right thing.
The out-of-control dogs whipping up the pack and causing chaos are the reasons we stopped going to Atlas. Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101 seems to have more attentive dog owners, plus there are three large areas for the dogs--10 acres. It is not free, however.
I take our senior dog on off hours--like 2:00 pm--if we go. I have to admit I'm not crazy about dog parks due to the reasons listed in above posts.

There is one in Inverness that is a bit more expensive but seems to be better policed. The people I've seen so far keep their dogs in check. And there is a man-made swimming pond plus several dog-bathing stations. Bark Central Dog Park. Bark Central Dog Park