Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 11-26-2018, 09:43 AM
Gold member

On a somewhat related issue, I’ve been wondering about who is responsible when an existing home is sold with alterations to the original home (for example, widening of driveways, Landscaping, hardscaping, etc.)

Do I, as a perspective purchaser, have the responsibility to check with ARC to make sure the previous owner got ARC approvals for the changes made? Or is this the responsibility of the selling real estate company?

I know of a case where a complaint was lodged against a villa owner who purchased the villa with an all-Stone landscape (through The Villages home sales, BTW). As it turned out, one of the previous owners who had the stone installed did not get ARC approval. The current owner was ordered to get stone out and replace with grass within x days or face daily fines. This is a real can of worms.