View Single Post

Old 11-26-2018, 03:51 PM

I post to help the silent majority that benefit from reading this post, and Florida. My Florida. If you don't truly care about the REAL Florida. The wildlife, the FLORA, the future natives and immigrants that will live here when we are long gone, I won't answer you again. And yea, your easy to pick out.

What matters to you may not be what matters to others. What is important to the State of Florida, is that we don't clear cut the whole state to build houses, replanting trees and shrubs foreign to the native wildlife. The State passed laws 2 decades ago to assure this didn't happen.
A combination of ignorance, laziness and greed from governing agencies and agents... to the sub contractors paid to plant the landscapes are not only cheating the home owners out of what they paid for, but cheating Florida's native species out of existence someday. I already know that some of you have made calls to ARC, Lake and Sumter Co concerning this subject. I don't see changes to the status quo without going to Tallahasee. This little post will not change anything, but maybe open a few eyes that actually care about this state as something more than a place to spray bug poison on your personal 1/10 an acre 4x a year.

Lake Co has a pretty solid law in place, but the FACT is, they don't care, and don't enforce it. There are people in Tallahasee I have spoken with , and when I retire, I will have the extra time to get on my soap box up there and hope to enact real changes to protect my home state. As for now I barely have time to work 5 and fish 2.

In reply to the few, and in conclusion, I have never been bored in my life.

Last edited by Ozzello; 11-26-2018 at 04:27 PM.