View Single Post

Old 11-26-2018, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
I read the STATE and the Sumter code for new home landscaping, specific to the tree/s required. The County code seems to mimic the State codes. Here is what I see in The Villages.

The builder provided trees are NOT to CODE.

The require trunk size seems to be severely lacking for the most part AND the trees are supposed to be Florida NATIVES, NOT Florida friendly.... NATIVE. NOT Crepe Myrtle, NOT any Magnolia except SOUTHERN magnolia (not a southern magnolia found ANYWHERE) , NOT about 20% of the holly trees I see.

I thought the ARC would be making sure I started out with a landscape that was up to State and County codes since I certainly PAID for a tree up to code and the ARC REQUIRES me to keep my "code" tree or replace it with another up to code tree when I make changes.

Is the person inspecting the new home landscape and required "code" tree incompetent, or on the take? Maybe the building inspector knows more about building codes than the required tree, but after years and tens of 1000s of planted trees, someone needed to say something, and someone needs to start doing their job.
In both homes here, the plantings from the builder survived all freezing spells and droughts and heat. I think that the foundation plantings that come WITH new homes are excellent choices. They are placed with color and size in mind and if people would wait 18 months, few would replace them...……………………... AND.....I agree with CW