View Single Post

Old 11-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Dum View Post
Two years ago on the 14th hole of Arnold Palmer a gator approached me. My first reaction was to run like a little girl, but my he-man instincts took over and I challenged him to a boxing match. He stood on his rear legs and we went toe to toe, man to gator and fought it out . His short arms proved to be a great disadvantage to him and I peppered him with numerous jabs to his snout before landing a haymaker to his gigantic jaw, an easy target. He went reeling backward. I finished him with a nine iron to the skull. He ran away sniveling like the cowardly creature he was. My advice to anyone who encounters a gator is to fight on your own terms. They’re terrible boxers.
That is something right out of Mad TV.

On a serious note, a number of years ago a dog got taken near a pond around Sumter Landing-- a WESTIE I think-- and its owner jumped in a wrestled the gator and pulled the pooch away. There was some injury to the dog but none to the man that I remember. It made the national news and the guy posted in here (Talk of the Villages) a little bit under the name Gator Gus.