View Single Post

Old 11-29-2018, 07:11 AM

We built an Iris recently. Full driveway also. We also extended our garage so we could get deep areas on the side to put in sturdy shelves. Measure what a type of free standing shelves you want and make sure it will sit flush and not protrude into the garage. It makes all the difference. I can park my car in the garage and not hit the shelves and have plenty of room to get out. We extended the house front to back and side to side. We totally eliminated the lanai and enclosed as an under air Florida room. No sliding glass door, just a big crescent shape walk through. Very open. Since we extended was able to add a huge walk in closet and a separate walk in closet for husband in MB. Kitchen was expanded with a big, beautiful walk in pantry. We added a huge room that sits behind the master bedroom overlooking the back yard. (No neighbors behind us). It can be used as a gym, library, craft room....basically anything you want. If I had to do it again, I would have made the laundry room larger. We got the cheapest carpet and pulled all out and put in luxury plank vinyl throughout the house. The more you let The Villages put in, the more your taxes will be.