View Single Post

Old 12-01-2018, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
I do not understand why we do not try to explain and understand the meaning of words and expressions based on the time they were used. Isn’t it important to see historical perspective and the context of the times? Then it would be clear that meaning now may be different and treated differently and that is fine. But revisionist history does not lead to understanding of historical events, language or context.
I always suggest to people to look at the source of this kind of stuff.....NOT the source of the original complaint, etc., but WHO decided to make this a big story, when it is nothing but a nothing blip.

Does anyone think that the stupid interpretation of this song is new ? Or is acting insulted by it simply a ploy to attack somebody else. Always look at sources...extremists now seem to be what people long for, and this is the result of listening to those extremists.

That is my opinion, and I realize how much I am in the minority, on this forum anyway, but until we talk reasonably and honestly, this crap, and it is crap will simply grow, much like a cancer it is.