View Single Post

Old 12-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
I've owned many cars and used to drive quite a lot. Just about every car I've owned served me well for 150,000 miles.

I owned a Renault Alliance from American Motors. When, Chrysler took it over I realized I was in trouble when the mechanics commented it was rare to see one with 150,000 on it.

Unfair? Perhaps but, the Ford Alliance was the worst car I've ever owned. Currently own a Chevy Malibu and my car before that was a Chevy Lumina. Ford will never sell me another car.

It is true Ford did not take bailout money but, have you asked why? If, the government was willing to lend money far below fair market rate why did Ford not take it.
The answer is that the government demanded to review executive compensation packages.

If I remember right Alliance was Renault car brand When I google ford Alliance nothing comes up? Renault IMO was Yogo quality about as far as the bottom you could get. But, they were cheap, in more ways that one.

Ford didn’t like the attachments that came with the money and they were smart not to take it, look what happened to Chrysler, got sold out to foreign company and GM stockholders when GM filed bankruptcy which wasn’t supposed to happen when they took the first billions, then, there upper management got paid off to with the government tit money to retire and union retirement fund. Who knows who else got paid off?