View Single Post

Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Mrs. Carla, I'm 99% sure you can use a separate keyboard on a Chromebook. tomwed has done a lot of investigation for us rookies and I ended up buying a $20 keyboard for my Ipad. Who would have ever thunk it? It works perfectly. Just charge it and it hooked up automatically, just great.

Chromebook is fantastic and we miss ours as it was appropriated by another sometime during our move. Easy come easy go. I'm not certain about a monitor but if your Chromebook has the proper receptacle on the side I see no reason why a Monitor couldn't be used. Good Luck.
Dear Mr. Nucky,

Thanks for your reply. I've had a Dell All-in-One since January, 2014 and use Windows 10. I love my AIO and like Windows 10, as well. I'm inquiring on behalf of my DH. (1) He refuses to give up his HP 27" monitor (2) He also uses a keyboard. (3) He also refuses to advance from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and says if and when he can't use Windows 7 anymore he'll get a Mac. (Like that will be easier to use?)

I'm wondering about a less drastic move, since he doesn't do real computing, just email, surfing, and playing solitaire. I think a Chromebook might be the solution, IF he can use his 27" monitor and a keyboard.

Would that arrangement work?

Carla B.