View Single Post

Old 12-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
For those of us interested in the history of The Villages I have to wonder why the Morse family hasn't made videos like this readily available for viewing? I would have to think there has to be many more stored away somewhere documenting the development & growth of TV over the years. Let's see them!
They did. When or whether they stopped I have no idea.

In 2003 when I saw their ad on television. I sent for the video. The disc arrived with a portfolio of all the details and layouts of every type of home that was available for purchase those days. I said to my wife, if the actual location was even close to the video...that is where we were going to buy.

A few weeks later we did the visitors weekend...$25 per night in one of the villas near the old sales center parking lot. Also got a bunch of Villages bucks and a dinner for two at the Cattlemen's club.

We had a lot picked out (October 2003). Closing date of May 15, 2004....moved in September 2015.

And if I just did the visit recently I would do the same thing again!!

PS....I am actually surprised at the thus far limited response to the video which I think is very entertaining. Puts a face with the name Swartz. So nice to see Gary and Sharon Morse. Mark and Jennifer were just youngsters. I thought more folks would be entertained/enlightened as well.

Last edited by billethkid; 12-07-2018 at 02:52 PM.