View Single Post

Old 12-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I think the site might be slow for several reasons. There have definitely been some contentious threads as of late. Confrontation tends to turn people off. It's also the holidays. People are busy with family and/or out of town. Repetition of topics. SSDD.. And of course some people may be turned off by NOTHING.

But as far as people coming here for relevant information, yes and no. In my opinion some people come here as a form of daily communication and entertainment. This is where they socialize. They like to keep in contact with others even if it isn't relevant.

Some are here to be helpful. I haven't seen many questions of relevance go unanswered. If someone knows the answer they will reply. At times even if no one knows the answer they will reply with a guess. Some threads get so hijacked away from their intended topic that they become irrelevant. All of these things can contribute to the perceived decrease in forum participation.

There is no one right answer.
Disagreement and debate and conflicting opinion can and is clickbait. The mainstream media uses it.

I think that this site has undergone a large change in the last six months and I think many do not find it as interesting as it once was. Seniors are known for their opinions and they are quick to express them. Debate is interesting to many who read this forum. There have been and will always be people who like to "get things going" and those who are always going to argue. I am most certainly one of those. Like all who do it, I think I'm right. But I have gotten "Points against my name". I may disappear from this forum one of these days.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_8953 (2).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	77687  

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-08-2018 at 10:16 AM.