View Single Post

Old 12-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Excellent points, which mirrors a lot of my own thoughts.

It's been my personal observation, that once you get past the innocuous posts on people asking for help, or just non-controversial generic subjects, and get into those that walk the fine line of politics/current events...the conversation quickly devolves into certain 'cliques' taking over.

And just like clockwork, one can quickly guess as to which cliques...will post which viewpoints.

Since a lot of those more controversial threads are oftentimes locked fairly quickly...the interest quickly wanes.

And I'm pretty sure, that my observations will in essence...be proved by subsequent posts.

Then again...I could be wrong.
Just for the fun of it.. Would they still be excellent points if they didn't mirror your own thoughts?

We all have our own biases and tend to agree with people that agree with us. Yes, I agree that there is clique like behavior on this site. But then again cliquish behavior is part of human nature and is certainly not exclusive or limited to these forums.

And I agree, it's easy to predict which groups will come out on either side of any given topic. Anyone that has been on this forum for any length of time will see that. None of us are innocent. We all have our beliefs and most aren't afraid of voicing their opinion. It's when people post purely with the intent to prove someone else wrong or just prove themselves right is when things start to devolve. Again, not unique to these forums.

So did I prove your observations?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!