View Single Post

Old 12-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
How we absorb the world around us is different for each of us.
Nicely put graciegirl. Depends a lot on our life experiences I would guess. And how tolerant we are of others' views as well as how open minded. I have read enough books to get those four degrees I have now and also took a lot of other classes after getting these and I often go into situations that challenge my world view like my chosing BYU Law School when a Lutheran as well as my few hours arguing with the Unification Church after I got tricked by a very charming black man who ran the Northern Nevada Unification Church who said we would be talking Philosophy with a group of eager students. We were not. But I wanted to see what would happen with that. It seemed more like indoctrination rather than the critical thinking you find in Philosophy courses.

Reading a lot of books does expose you to the ideas of many different people.

I have met a lot of very gifted and smart blonde women especially at the U of MN. They abound there.

I also went to five schools in five different states to earn these four degrees so I have been exposed to many different professors of many different subjects.