View Single Post

Old 12-09-2018, 09:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There are numerous different brands of Chromeboxes available. They are small systems, about like a Mac mini or NUC in size, that require an external keyboard, monitor, and mouse. If the monitor has a VESA mount then some Chromeboxes can be mounted on the back of the monitor. Simply do a google search on Chromebox. This was already mentioned in post #13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The only reason for my opinion is that the OP apparently wants to continue using the obsolete Windows 7 software and an external monitor and keyboard. As far as I know, you cannot buy a Chromebook tower, only a stand alone laptop. But, if you want to plug in external components to a laptop, then the Chromebook would work. It just doesn't make sense to me to do that, but it will work. Most people who buy a laptop, use it as a laptop because it has a built in screen and keyboard. They don't plug in external components. Personally, I don't like Windows 10 either, and I still use a desktop with Windows 7. It works fine, even if it is obsolete. But, I also have a laptop for portability.

Last edited by tuccillo; 12-09-2018 at 09:40 PM.