View Single Post

Old 12-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Can you believe we all may be seeing this wonderful light show for the last time? We were NOTHING but told by two different residents that this will be the last year.

I'm not sure if its the extreme amount of work and expense or if they want to give the neighbors who are not into it a break which sounds very fair to me. The people who put this together year after year are amazing people and we Thank You for the beautiful show.

There is a spot near the end of the show where they are accepting canned good and the like to donate and they are also accepting cash which goes to others, not for the operation of the massive light show.

We will miss them a lot but Thank You Again for everything.
Nice post, Nucky. I thought I had read right here on TOTV, but I could be mistaken, that the reason it may not continue is because the gentleman who is the mastermind behind it is "retiring" and they weren't sure if there would be anyone who would be willing or able to take it over. It sure would be NOTHING but a shame but totally understandable as it is a big undertaking. When I read that I told my husband we had to get there just in case. It is really amazing. Wish we would have had time to ride through a second time.