View Single Post

Old 12-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Default Re: Presentations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridian4 View Post
I agree, I am pretty conservative as well; Apple, VISA, etc., however I went to a workshop at Schwab in the Villages a year or so ago and really enjoyed it. Does your brokerage offer anything like that?
Here, or perhaps, I have more time to be aware of it, you can go to a presentation such as the one you attended from Schwab almost every week. Often you get a,"free meal." Like perhaps, real estate partnerships that were the rage for vacation resorts a few years ago. Remind yourself, you get nothin for nothin. If, anyone says you must act now, don't walk but RUN away. Today it is so easy. Take the time to read and explore competing ideas to what the SALESMAN-speaker is saying. Do not be intimidated if you do not understand what the speaker is saying. At any of these presentations, there a many people that done't understand what is being said. Step back and see first of all what is being said may not be TRUE. The speaker may not even understand what he is saying. Surely others attending
may not even know that they do not know what is being said and even worse some think they know but do not know that they do not know.

SIMPLE MATH THAT FEW SEE-COMPOUNDING WORKS UP AND DOWN. Example if you have 10,000 invested and the first year you make 10%. The next year you loose 10%-you have LESS than 10,000 not even-a net loss 10,000+10%=11000 11,000-10%=9900-HUH? On top of that we forget brokerage fees and you likely paid tax on that $1,000 if it was in a fund.

Never allow yourself to forget that you are a PRAWN-bait for the SHARKS.