View Single Post

Old 12-14-2018, 08:35 AM

It depends on your floors. I have a Dyson Pet in NC and if you can believe, the suction is too strong. We installed upgraded carpet pad (the red rubber kind) and I can't get the vac to move across the rug. I have to drag it backwards. I believe the suction pulls the pad up to the carpet and creates such a vacuum that only my husband can propel across, albeit with difficulty. (Disclosure, we are both strong and able bodied.) It also puts out a lot of heat which another poster noted. Here in TV we bought a Shark Duo. It has a soft roller in front and brush roller behind it that can be turned off while on hard flooring types. I love it. Great suction. Multiple attachments and detachable body so you can get those places an upright usually can't go. A quick thumb control switches the roller on and off with height adjustment when moving from tile/wood/laminate to carpet. It does a great job on both surfaces and I am very satisfied. My only complaint is I wish the head was wider to cover more surface area in a single swipe. Good luck with your search.