View Single Post

Old 12-14-2018, 01:02 PM

I get the cutting some slack. That's kind of what I had in mind when I was surprised to see a 14th delivery date on something shipped on the 11th from less than 100 miles away. And if there were no competition to compare to, it wouldn't seem so unreasonable, perhaps. But I shipped a package that weighed 4+lbs out of a pack and ship, via UPS cheapest possible method (my cost was $12.25 on a box that was 36" tall and 6" square) at about 3pm on a Monday and it arrived and was processed before noon the following day. So, even if the return route took 2, even 3, times as long to make it back to me, I'd consider that cutting some slack. Beyond that, I'm in the "you need to get your act together" category.

I won't be attempting to pick it up, especially if I can't call first to check into it. It's not something life changing, but I realistically expected it yesterday, but really needed by today for an event tomorrow. But because it's a package that won't fit in the box at the postal station, I'm sure I won't get it until late tomorrow, which is too late for my original plans, but I will survive.