View Single Post

Old 12-14-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
Based on my previous experience your problem may have started when you used a "Pack and Ship' business for a USPS shipment. There is a good possibility your package did not get into the USPS system for at least 24 hours after it was dropped off at a "pack and ship" store.

I find USPS does a very good job, including our frequent international shipping. We always create and pay for our shipping label, domestic or international, online at USPS.com, and then drop off our package(s) at one of the local PO's. It is rare that a package does do arrive by the committed date given when we paid for the postage/shipping label.

It can be frustrating at times trying to get something delivered in the time frame needed. Not trying to deflect criticism from USPS, but sometimes they are just an easy target.

Don
Don, I think you misread my post. I used pack and ship to send my item to Tampa via UPS (not USPS). And, actually, now that I think of it, I went to the UPS Store, not pack and ship. It cost me 12 bucks and change and got there the next day (morning). It was when the store shipped the replacement item back to me via USPS that the issue started. They sent me a tracking number that showed the item was picked up and in the system on the evening of the 11th. The tracking never showed anything new until last night when it said it was in the Lake Mary distribution center. This morning it said it was in the Lady Lake post office and the delivery date was changed from today to tomorrow. Now, just to make it more interesting, it shows the delivery date as today again and the status is out for delivery. So, will be interesting to see if they bother to come out in the slop to actually get it to me today after all.