Thread: Best Tacos
View Single Post

Old 12-16-2018, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
If you want the best authentic Mexican food in the Villages (or just about anywhere), look no further than AL Jalisco in Spanish Springs. Top notch food at a very reasonable price. Taco Bell versus Al Jalisco is like comparing my golf game to Tiger Woods in his prime. Of all the restaurants in the Villages, this place is always the most consistent quality, reasonably priced, and rarely crowded. I can't figure out why it's not always packed, when much inferior restaurants have long waiting lines. My best guess is because Mexican food is just not that popular and that it is located somewhat off the town square.
Love GOOD Mexican food but haven't found any within 30 miles of The Villages in the 8+ years we have been here. Tried Ay! Jalisco three times and that was four times too many. We do eat Mexican occasionally when the urge overcomes common sense but we are still looking for GOOD.

Rubio's in Leesburg is probably the most authentic in the area but it is only about four tables in the back of a small Mexican grocery with a very limited menu, zero atmosphere, and, as I tell our neighbors, it is probably TOO authentic for most Villager's.