View Single Post

Old 12-18-2018, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Top five CO2 emitting countries, in order, are China, USA, India, Russian Federation and Japan (from Investopedia, March 2018).
The earth is warming and greenhouse gases are rising because of increased industrialization which has halved starvation and poverty since 1990. Very few people are in denial.

Some march. I say study the problem. BUT, BUT when money is involved than human greed and ugliness can sidetrack even the best efforts.

It is not as simple as being in denial or stopping the use of straws. Some people are willing to go to great efforts to do ANYTHING they can. I know a couple who uses no heat or air conditioning here in The Villages. I know someone who hangs her clothes out to dry. I know many who use rocks in their yard.

The formulas espoused to solve the problem have become like denominations in religions, do this, don't do that, and well, I will let you finish my thoughts.

Unless and until we can find out exactly what works we all will do what we think best. We are not unkind or unfeeling, most of us. I grow a little tired of the hatred.