View Single Post

Old 12-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Some of your questions have been answered already, but I'm curious that you have been here more than once and don't already know the answers to a couple of them.

If a villages property doesn't say bond paid, then there is almost definitely a bond, regardless of location, but if it's a pre-owned property, some of the bond will have been paid.

There are differences in taxes in one county or city limits vs. another. Find out what they are and factor that in when comparing properties you are interested in.

Can't comment much on the golf except through my sister-in-law's eyes as she is probably a single digit handicap golfer. She prefers to play 18 hole rounds on full length courses (referred to as championship courses here). There are executive courses that offer holes more challenging than others but few replicate, as a hole, the entire front or back 9 of a championship course. The executive courses are good to enjoy 9 holes, work on aspects of your game, have fun with friends, but you may, ultimately, prefer championship golf.

Ask any villager their favorite village or area and 99% of the time the answer will be the village or area that they live in. That's one of the great things here. The newer areas tend to have a younger demographic while the older areas the opposite, but there are exceptions on any given street in any given village.
Thank you for the additional insight. We have gotten a lot of great input. Since my original post have gained even more understanding of the above questions. Really looking forward to being there once our home sells here. Hopefully that won't take too long.