View Single Post

Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
Childrens Hospital's often get the short end of the donation stick. At the same time, there are often many silent donors that give their time and money to them. My daughter went to Pharmacy School at the University of Michigan, where many former Michigan stars have donated substantial amounts of money to the Motts Childrens Hospital. She then did an internship at Monroe Carrell childrens, part of Vanderbilt in nashville. One day Rascal Flatts appeared and gave an impromptu concert for the children. Apparently they have given enough money there to have a wing of the hospital named after them. where the lineburger cancer center provides care to adults and children. She specializes in pediatric oncology, and has seen many sports figures from UNC and NC State cheer up the kids. All of these places welcome donations, as does CUREsearch, a charity that focuses on prediatric cancer research. At the same time, I would not diss either St Judes or the Shriners. Most of us are at an age to remember Danny Thomas. It takes a lot of money to keep his promise of never charging kids to get treatment there. Their research and leading edge treatment is world renowned. Likewise the Shriners. yes, the commercials do get tedious. But they both provide much needed services to the young ones.
Please hug your daughter extra special for us. I know you are proud. That sort of career choice is beyond words.