View Single Post

Old 12-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmckain View Post
Hello, I apologize in advance for asking questions that I am sure have been answered previously. We have been to TV about 4 separate times and, the Lord willing, hope to be able to move there after the first of next year. We have a few specific questions that we have not quite figured out.
1. Does the Village of Pine Ridge have a bond? We didn't think so because it was in Lake County but just saw a listing stating the "bond was paid" so now we are not sure.
2. Are there pro's or con's to living in one county over another
3. Are the executive courses challenging enough for a 9 or 10 handicap player? We saw that the executive courses have mainly par 3 holes.
4. Reading the posts, it appears that the northern area is still a great place to be. Are the home values staying up compared to the other areas? We see there are more homes for sale in that area, any input on why?

Thank you so much for your input and information!
Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Tax rates vary by county. Having a homestead exemption makes a huge difference.

Here is a rough estimate of annual taxes on a $200K property by county:

Lake: $1960
Marion: $1720
Sumter: $1640

Per Florida Property Taxes By County - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Don't forget about city taxes. Some areas will have city taxes in addition to the mentioned above. Some of the northeast sections are subject to Lady Lake taxes, Pine Hills and Pine Ridge are in Fruitland Park, and Antrum Dells, Alden Bungalows, Atwood Bungalows, and all the new areas south of SR44 are in Wildwood. For these you will pay a little extra in taxes but you still won't be close to what is paid up north (of Florida).
Attached is my detailed analysis of taxes in TV.

Good luck with your home search. Remember ... the best is yet to come!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018 taxes comparison.pdf (126.5 KB, 136 views)