View Single Post

Old 12-20-2018, 11:16 AM

I agree that it will likely not be super close to the Fenney area. I'm sure that once the bridges are put in and golf cart access is opened, they are counting on the Fenney area residents to use and consider Brownwood as their primary town square for shopping, dining, and entertainment. It's likely no accident that the golf cart trail and bridges "land" right in the parking lot of Brownwood. It's the same concept they use at theme parks where you have to walk through the souvenir shop to get out once you exit an attraction/ride. Look at the route you have to take by cart to get from south of Lake Sumter to get to Spanish Springs town square - takes you right into Lake Sumter Landing first and then out and over the bridge to Spanish Springs. May as well stop for lunch or an ice cream on the way - or at least that's the theory.

Speculation is the key word in this thread. Interesting but really doesn't answer any questions. I speculate as to whether or not they will stay with the town square layout or change it up to something else.