View Single Post

Old 12-20-2018, 03:05 PM

Missypie, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. We used Yankee Trails for a Miami cruise a year ago. The trip down was perfect. It was another story on the return however. Before we even saw the bus, we got a call from the driver that he had just arrived in the port. We were the first to board the bus at about 7:25 am in Miami. Wow! This is going to be great! Home in time to see the football game! Not so fast….. We then spent the next 4 – yes FOUR - hours driving around both the Miami port and the Ft. Lauderdale port looking for passengers. We had one of YT’s large white busses with their name all over it in large print so that was not an issue. The bus driver, Frank, was trying to call people to locate them. Either they had their cell turned off, were so deaf that they couldn’t heard the phone ring or, in one instance, the driver was given the passenger’s HOME phone. Boy! That was a lot of help, huh?! Apparently, these people were both deaf and blind. It would be impossible to miss this bus if you were at least half looking out for it. I give the driver a lot of credit. He never lost his cool even when some of the passengers were yelling at him about how long it took to be picked up. Hey! Why the hell didn’t you answer one of the dozen calls the driver made to you? Don’t tell me he didn’t call you because my husband and I were sitting right there watching him make the calls. We didn’t leave Ft. Lauderdale until just after 11:30 am for the trip back to The Villages.
We didn’t have the issues you did regarding the condition of the bus. Our bus was in good working order. Would I use them again? Sure. Gotta try it at least once more. (And we will come this April.) Hopefully the next time we won’t have a bunch of people who don’t follow instructions and they will actually have their cell phone handy and turned on in order to give the bus driver a fighting chance of making contact so pick up can be in a timely manner. Actually making the effort to look for that big, white YT bus wouldn’t hurt either!
I think you definitely have a legitimate beef with the condition of the bus, so if I were you, I’d call corporate. It was my impression that Ed just checked off names and herded everyone on at the 2 local stops at the start of the trip. Good luck!