View Single Post

Old 12-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Default USPS Informed... do you use it?

I signed up for USPS Informed in November. I have it on my computer and iphone as an app.

What is it???

The Post Office will, on your app, show you pictures of each piece of mail that is delivered to your mail box and will also show you a picture of a package delivered to you (at home or mail box). I get my updated posted usually before 9am each day (except Sunday). Because of the time of day I get the notice, I guess it originates out of the Lady Lake main post office versus the contractors who place the mail in our Mail Station box.

As I understand it, Homeland Security, has for sometime had pictures taken of each piece of mail and the USPS makes these pictures (only for your mail or more correctly your address) available to you.

Since we have our mail "on hold" for several weeks the app is very useful to see what we've been receiving so we stay up to date on Christmas Cards, etc. Interestingly, though, are the number of misdirected pieces of mail that we have awaiting us. One is a Christmas Card (assumed to be card) addressed to someone in Lady Lake whose address starts with the same house number as ours, but very different street. The second piece of mail was to someone in our hometown, but it was slapped with a forwarding mail sticker to our Florida address. Both will have to wait until I return so I can send these 2 pieces of mail on their merry way.

Big Brother's watching me, so I get to watch him/her!