Thread: Sick
View Single Post

Old 12-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Tops,

Please call the restaurant manager and let them know about the possibility.

I have had food poisoning, a few times, that I was sure came from restaurants. — not in TV.

One was a steak salad in a chain. (What was I thinking. I cannot look at a steak salad since.)

Once was a quiche in a coffee shop.

Once was from a fancy, schmancy resort. (A bunch of people got that one.)

Each time, I called and (nicely) told the manager what I suspected. I had no intention of pursuing anything other than notifying them that they definitely needed to check for a problem and fix it.

I was very nice and not accusatory, at all, but simply said they needed to find out. I got through it, one time lost 9 pounds, but not everybody can bounce so easily.

The coffee shop manager was lovely and thanked me and said she would follow through. I had told her to pull the quiche and talk to the staff. That is all I wanted.

The chain restaurant manager immediately went defensive. (I was not going to do anything to him but he could not grasp that I was not expecting an admission of guilt. He was one of those people who could not stop running his mouth long enough to hear what I was actually saying. I hope I finally got through to him to just please check. That was the place that lost me 9 pounds. Ice was it for me for 3 or 4 days.)

Tops, I hope you will call the suspected restaurant just to let them know what happened so they can follow through. That possibly could help others.