Thread: Sick
View Single Post

Old 12-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

While I agree that trying to prove food poisoning would be rather silly, not to mention really disgusting, and even though I had no intention of pursuing proof, I did call the restaurant managers — for the possible good of the herd.

In my earlier post, where I regaled readers with 3 of my food poisoning experiences, I talked about the one at the resort:

It was a business trip.

The entire group was seated for a fancy dinner.

The fish course had just been served.

I remember the lovely presentation had a tiny purple flower on the plate.

Then, like it had been choreographed, one-by-one, people got up and fled from the room.

We all had plane tickets for the next day. Fortunately this was way back when tickets could be easily changed. (We had doctors running for the door with us so the medical excuses were easy to get.)

It is pretty awful for two people in a hotel room to have food poisoning.

But what would have been a whole lot worse would be to have food poisoning hit on a plane so I considered the timing lucky, a silver lining. (Even “”Snakes on a Plane” would be better.)

Common Denominator: A beautifully served, sunny poolside, brunch buffet, earlier that day.

(The resort said that we all had the flu. Nobody bothered to argue about it. We were all just glad to make it back to our rooms in time, in a relatively dignified manner.)

(Oh my goodness, please forgive me, any readers, for writing such unseemly posts about bodily functions.)

Last edited by Boomer; 12-27-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Typos