View Single Post

Old 12-28-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I purchased a 2017 Ford Escape in April 2017 with a built-in navigation system. Now, almost 2 years later, and Ford has never offered any updates. I still cannot even enter my own address, but have to use Walgreens as my home. Is anyone else irritated with Ford about this? I just talked with Ford's customer service, and all the lady could say was "I'm sorry". Navigation is an expensive option on a new car, but, if they never update it, why pay for it? Do other car makers treat customers the same way?
We have a 2013 Ford Escape and they do offer GPS updates. I have installed 2 updates, I got them online from a Ford parts website. My problem with them is they are approximately $100 and are not free. The map is on a SIMM card inside the arm rest box. You get a new SIMM card and change it out. They have them about every year.

I will never again purchase a GPS built in the car. I have a Garmin on my Harley and they have free updates approximately 3-4 times a year. The problem with the manufactures GPS is I am told they operate off of cell towers. I have had my GPS in the Ford start doing weird things and show me in the middle of a field and not on the road. Garmin operates off their satellites are always work. I don't think I will purchase any more Ford updates, I will use my Garmin instead.

I am sorry but I can not remember the web site, I would think the Ford parts department would have the answers.

Last edited by 427dave; 12-28-2018 at 11:45 AM.