View Single Post

Old 12-28-2018, 12:29 PM

Thank you for the replies. If you read the article, from a financial point of view buying is NOT always the wisest decision. And the shorter time you live somewhere, the more the balance sheet tips in favor of renting.

I agree with Toymeister's point that demand should stay high in TV for the next 10+ years, so buying should be a pretty safe "investment" even if the time in the home is relatively short (close to 5 years).

Quote:
There are people who rent for a year.........really get to know TV and determine prioritize. Many are happy they went that route. Not me. I did a couple Life Styles (over 5 years) and pulled the trigger.
I think that's what I'm trying to sort out. Do we do some short-term rentals to learn enough to pick the "perfect" place, or do a long-term rental to really get to know TV and see if it's really where we want to stay?

Regarding the comments not to "over think" this. One person's over thinking is another's due diligence. I don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars to throw around. $20k one way or another seems worth several hours - or even days of analysis & planning.

I'll be in central FL with the family over the next two weeks; the wife & I hope to make a day visit to TV.