View Single Post

Old 12-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

When we moved here we received a $250 gift card for Sears due to some damage one of their drivers did. Needed some TV's for our new home so we went to Sears in Leesburg, they had a TV department but no TV's so we bought them elsewhere. Now we needed a grill, went back to Leesburg, you guessed it, no grills other than 3 huge floor models but none in stock. Finally someone told us to go to Ocala, and there they had grills and I guess TV's but mostly they have clothes and craftsman stuff. It is pretty hard to spend $250 at Sears if you don't need tools or appliances. When we bought the grill I asked the salesman to get me a cover that would fit the model I purchased. I didn't put the grill together for about 6 weeks and the cover would not fit over it. Went back to Ocala and asked to exchange it, I was told no returns or exchanges after 30 days, I explained that the salesman gave me the wrong size, that didn't matter. I called Sears when I got home and they sent a new one to me free of charge so I will give them credit for that but their exchange policy is worthless. I'm surprised they lasted this long, you can't sell from empty shelves and poor customer service. Good news is there are plenty of retail jobs out there for those who will be looking. Sears used to have a great pension plan, I wonder if that still exists or if they changed it along the way.