View Single Post

Old 12-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Regarding the Wal-Mart discussion:

In my perfect world, Wal-Mart would have been including company stock as a part of compensation for all their store employees.

Publix employees “own” those nice, clean stores with the helpful employees. (Publix stock is not publicly traded.)

Procter and Gamble, I think from its beginning, included stock in employee compensation. PG has a long history of paying, and increasing, dividends. (I assume other big companies have employee stock plans as a part of their business plan.)

I think stock-owning employees are good for a company. The potential for ROI is not only monetary but can have positive educational and psychological components for individuals who work there — at every level. Employee loyalty and commitment is a constant influence on ROI.

But Wal-Mart did not ask me how to run their company.

In my perfect world, McDonalds would include stock for all employees, too.

For those who think this would be a give-away, I hope you will stop and think this through. A share here and a share there, over time, would/could be an all-around investment and really good for business.

(Retail and restaurants, in general, are not known for investing in their frontline employees to cultivate employee loyalty.)