View Single Post

Old 12-30-2018, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Hi all,

After the horrific rain of last week, my spa “died”. It turns out the fuse was tripped. We reset and Spa went on but after a few minutes it tripped the fuse again. A few days later T&D came. Of course the Spa went on, everything looked good and the technician left. A few hours later it tripped the fuse again.

T&D came back yesterday. The tech reset the breaker, gave us his cell number and told us to call him when it trips again. It worked all day and night and this morning it is dead again. Of course it’s now Sunday and I’m not sure if I should call him on what is probably his day off.

Regardless, I’m wondering is there someway to determine whether the problem is with the SPA or with the electricity?
This is something that should be handled only by a licensed electrician., You're no doubt going to have responses to your post by "experts". T&D has electricians (not sure if this is who came out, or if it was a pool tech). If the spa is still under warranty, escalate the next call with T&D and request one of their electricians...Rick is excellent. If not under warranty, call Pike's or Lenhart.

To answer your question, it could be the breaker, or an issue with the wiring. Neither of which you should explore on your own.